Hello, math-educator friends and colleagues! This next week, TERC staff will be attending and presenting at the 2012 NCSM Annual Conference and the 2012 NCTM Annual Conference —two of the largest math education events in the country. Join us in Philadelphia for over 10 staff presentations, Monday, April 23rd-Friday, April 27th on topics ranging from intervention strategies in the elementary classroom to framing the Common Core State Standards within elementary teaching practices to measuring and aligning early algebra learning in the elementary and middle grades.
This year, the theme for NCSM (April 23-April 25) is “Life, Liberty, and Mathematics for All: NCSM Leads the Way” with 5 presentation strands including:
- (1) Bridging the Knowing-Doing Gap: Implementing the Common Core State Standards;
- (2) ALL Means ALL: Promoting Equity in Mathematics Education;
- (3) Mathematics Leaders Translate Vision to Practice: Developing and Supporting Coaches, Specialists, and Teacher Leaders;
- (4) Making Mathematics Learning Visible: Implementing Formative and Summative Assessments to Support Student Learning;
- and (5) Leadership to Enhance Mathematics Teaching and Learning for All: Helping administrators and other leaders support high quality mathematics instruction.
This year, NCTM (April 25-April 28) will offer over 700 presentations, special strand sessions pertaining to new technologies, and an exhibit hall with vendors, organizations, and—TERC, at exhibit booth #452! Stop by to check out some of our newest math and numeracy publications, informal math research projects, disabilities education tools, and online gaming and new media endeavors for K-adult audiences.
Travel safe, and see you next week!